Around the World, Across the Street
October 19-27, 2019
This year’s MissionsFest brings us face-to-face with God’s call for each of us to be on mission with Him and His church to restore a broken world. We all have a part—using our unique gifts and experiences—and we do it together!
“As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.”
- Opportunities to be on mission—Keep an eye out before, during and after MissionFest to explore how you can accept God’s invitation to be on mission Him and our church family near and far.
- Celebratory combined worship services October 20 and 27—On October 20, we bring traditional and contemporary together to focus on reaching the world. The next Sunday, we’ll be challenged to step up to neighboring and being salt and light across the street in our personal spheres of influence.
- Hearing from 36 of our missionaries and partners (21 couples and singles) from 14 nations who will share stories of impact in our Adult Communities, Kids’ and Student Life, and mid-week programs for all ages.
- Flying with Purpose—a dinner and program for maturing adults (55+) featuring Gene Jordan, WBC missionary pilot and storyteller extraordinaire. Journey to the jungles of Ecuador and the remotest parts of Asia served by Mission Aviation Fellowship. Get an insider’s view of a diverse network of skilled servants bringing medical care, resources, and the hope of the Gospel through aviation.
- 2020 GO Teams (short-term mission trips) will be unveiled to global destinations, as well as in North America, including opportunities to serve among First Nation Peoples and in a prison setting.
SUNDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 20
Jon Burns—a Brit by birth—is our Global MissionsFest Sunday speaker. Jon has served as Director of Evangelism for Youth for Christ in the UK and as Director for More than Gold, an outreach among peoples of many nations attending the 2012 London Olympics. In 2014, Jon founded Lionsraw, a nonprofit harnessing sports passion for social change; for this, he was awarded the CNN Hero Award in 2014, and a British Empire Medal by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in 2015 for his contributions to children and communities. Since 2016, Jon has been President of Greater Europe Mission, whose 300+ staff are reaching out to native Europeans—as well as immigrants and refugees to the continent—sharing the love of Jesus and multiplying disciples in all walks of life.
SUNDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 27
Paco Amador, pastor of New Life Little Village in Chicago, will bring MissionsFest closer to home when we focus on Local Outreach. Born in Mexico City, he trained at Moody Bible Institute and during that time, fell in love with the Little Village community. Prior to serving as pastor at New Life, beginning in 2005, Paco was a missionary in Spain, worked at Chicago’s Lawndale Christian Health Center, and taught elementary school for nine years. Pastor Paco and his wife Sylvia have seven children.
Our visiting missionaries and partners will present in most regularly scheduled ministries for all ages. Roster includes:
- Philip & Jill Aspegren
Costa Rica/Casa Viva/Children at Risk
- Josh Dunckel
Hungary/ReachGlobal/Mobilization & Training
- Noah & Jill Ellenwood
Montenegro/Josiah Venture/Youth Ministry
- Scott & Barb Harbert
Kenya/Africa Inland Mission/HOPE[Kenya]
- Greg & Faith Hurst
- Gene & Lynn Jordan
US/Mission Aviation Fellowship/Human Resources
- Jamie & Elizabeth Kabernick
US/Helps Ministries/Administrative Support
- Dave & Debbie Kornfield
Latin America/OC International/Developing Pastor Networks
- Justin & Evangelia Macris
Greece/Hellenic Ministries/Communications & Outreach
- David & Julia
Asia/Technology Development for Unreached Peoples
- Becca Martin
Europe/Greater Europe Mission/Mobilization
- Steve & Sandy Morad
Kenya/Africa Inland Mission/Theological Education & Missionary Care
- Bethany Morris
Kenya/Africa Inland Mission/Music Education
- Greg & Debby Nichols
Czech Republic/GEM/Leadership Development & Refugee Ministry
- Brad & Susan Rhoads
US/Mission Aviation Fellowship/Learning Technologies
- Carlos & Cynthia Rodiles
Mexico/United World Mission/Outreach & Mobilization
- Danielle Stavi
Israel/Jews for Jesus/Outreach
- Vic & Leslie Trautwein
Dominican Republic/Kids Alive/Kids at Risk
- Frank & Debbie Tully
Australia/Navigators/Mentoring Young Professionals
- Bruce Van Zante
Philippines/Wycliffe Bible Translators/Translation & Literacy
- A partner of our church from the Middle East
For more information, contact:
Jan Sokoloski, Global Outreach Associate, 630.876.6630
Joel Duncan, Local Outreach Director, 630.876.6668