The mission of Puente del Pueblo is to transform lives in West Chicago by engaging families in case management services, adult literacy programs, and supportive academic programs for children and youth.
If you have a heart for serving the vulnerable and empowering others, especially youth, Puente is a great place for you to volunteer!
Here's where you can get plugged in:
- Puente del Niño Tutor helps 1st through 5th-grade students with homework, reading, and academic skill-building.
- Puente del Futuro Tutor helps 6th through 8th-grade students with homework, language arts and math, preparation for exams, and life-skills development.
- High School Tutor helps high school students with homework, language arts and math, preparation for exams, and other college prep activities.
- Office Support Team Member provides administrative support for Puente staff.
- ESL Tutor helps adults learn to read, write, and speak in English.
- Special Services Team Member helps with one-time projects, events, cooking/baking, decorating, handyman projects, and more!