The friendship of the Lord is for those who fear him, and he makes known to them His covenant.”
Psalm 25:14 (ESV)
This is a Two-year reading plan, two chapters a day, one from the Old Testament and one from the New Testament. In the first year, we will read the first half of the Old Testament (Genesis thru 2 Chronicles), and the entire New Testament, and the Book of Psalms. In the second year, we will read the second part of the Old Testament (Ezra thru Malachi), and again the entire New Testament and the Book of Psalms.
Download first year of Reading PLan
How to use it:
We recommend a 4-step process.
- Pray before reading. Ask the Spirit to illuminate your mind and speak to your heart.
- Read the chapters back-to-back.
- Pick one theme, verse, or idea that caught your attention. Meditate on it, and if you can write it in a journal.
- Allow the theme, verse or idea guide your prayer. You can follow the simple steps of A.C.T.S.
- Adore – Does anything in this text give me reasons to worship the Lord?
- Confess – Does anything in this text point to my sinful heart?
- Thanksgiving – Does anything in this text give me reasons to be thankful?
- Supplication – Is there anything I need to ask God to do in my life, or in the life of others?