New Campus in Streamwood
Even as God has been growing our ministries in and around our North Avenue campus these past nine years, He has been stirring within us a desire to reach out to a broader region—those who live outside our immediate area—including nearly a million people in surrounding communities who are not attending any church where they can hear about new life in Jesus, and who would be more likely to visit a church near their homes.
On September 11, 2016, we will be launching our first WBC “outpost”—a second campus about 20 minutes north of our West Chicago campus. Named Tri-Village Church, this new Wheaton Bible Church campus will be meeting the Awana International headquarters located at the intersection of Bartlett and Bode Roads in Streamwood. This facility offers us exactly the kind of spaces we’ve praying God would provide, and services will be held on Sunday mornings at 10 am.
Next Step: Grow the Core
Right now we have a team of 74 “pioneers” from our church, who have already committed to GO to the new campus as part of the launch team. By the time of our first services begin in September, we are praying for God to “Grow the Core” to 200 adults and students who will commit to at least one year at this new location—joining in our mission to actively serving the people of Streamwood, Bartlett, and Hanover Park.
Consider God's Call to GO
If you’d like to be a part of this core launch team, now is the time to learn more. Please join us as we meet together weekly at 11:15 Sunday mornings, under the vision and leadership of Wil Franco, who will serve as Campus Pastor for Tri-Village Church. Visit the New Campus/ Tri-Village table in the Atrium on Sunday after any service. Or, contact Tri-Village Church Campus Pastor Wil Franco, firstname.lastname@example.org, 630.876.6670, or call Administrative Assistant, Carol Sartell at 630.876.6645.
“You will be my witnesses,
telling people about me everywhere—
in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria,
and to the ends of the earth.”
It is our prayer that the Streamwood site will be the first of several new Wheaton Bible Church congregations that will be established over the months and years ahead in unchurched and under-churched areas around us as we seek to reach more people with the Good News about Jesus.
The video, from November of last year, records our first official announcement of this new initiative—a new way for us to continue living out our ongoing mission: to love God, grow together, and reach the world. Over the next decade, we believe God is calling us to actively increase our reach into the areas around us.
How to pray as our church takes this significant step—following God’s leading into this new avenue of ministry:
- Pray for the people in the communities of Streamwood, Bartlett, and Hanover Park who are not currently a part of any church.
- Praise God for providing us the Awana International headquarters in Streamwood—a wonderful facility—along with those at Awana who are have partnered with us to make this possible.
- Pray for Wil Franco, who has been called as our first Campus Pastor, for his wife, Lylli, and their family—who are moving with him to the Streamwood area this summer.
- Ask God whether He might want you to be a part of the core team that launches and serves at this new location.
- Pray that we will continue to find new and innovative ways to continue both inviting and going—reaching out with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- Thank God that today people from all around the world are making their home here in DuPage County—extending our ability to reach the nations for Him.
- Pray for unity, renewed purpose, and evidence of God’s hand at work in our faith community.